Skip to main content


Run 59: West Boulevard - Part 3

This was the third section run of the  West Boulevard  neighborhood. The boundary for this run was I-90 (north) to Parkhurst Ave (south) and from West Boulevard (east) to W. 117th (west). Distance This Section : 9.9 miles Distance So Far : 386.6 miles Strava: Run 1 , Run 2 , Run 3 St. Ignatius of Antioch Parish & School (10205 Lorain Ave) was established in 1902 and the current church and school were built between 1925-1930. It's known for it's iconic bell tower which, at 210 feet in height, makes the church the second tallest in Cleveland. St. Ignatius elementary school was founded in 1904, with the first school being built in 1917. The current building was built in the 1950s. It serves over 300 students with both religious and non-religious backgrounds. A shot from the rear of St. Ignatius, a massive an cavernous venue. A statue of St. Ignatius of Antioch, who was sentenced to death in the Roman Colosseum and was eaten by lions in the year 110. It's said he went joyfu
Recent posts

Run 58: West Boulevard - Part 2

  This was the second section run of the  West Boulevard  neighborhood. The boundary for this run was Denison Ave (north) to Brooklyn Township (south and east) to West Boulevard (west). Distance This Section : 11.4 miles Distance So Far : 376.7 miles Strava - Run 1  l  Strava - Run 2 Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park  (9801 Walford Ave) is part of the Walford Industrial Park. As the story goe s, Ray Petro opened the original Cleveland location in the second half of 2004 out of frustration of not being able to ride during the cold winters. He invested his life savings of $50,000 and also used a $25,000 loan to fund startup costs. Every year, Ray's revamps its trails. Replacing aging features with new structures or simply redirecting traffic to approach lines from a new perspective. The track is open from October through May and features "the world’s longest indoor mountain bike trail inside of the world’s first indoor mountain bike park".  Here's a great video tour .