Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from 2022

Section 72: Kamm's - Part 4

  This was the second section run of the  Kamm's  neighborhood in West Park. Below is the boundary map: Map :  Run 1 ,  Run 2 Distance This Section :  10.9  miles Distance So Far : 555.8   miles St. Patrick's Church (4427 Rocky River Drive) is one of the oldest parishes in the Cleveland Catholic Diocese. The parish was established in 1848 by Reverend Amadeus Rappe, the first bishop of Cleveland.   Outreach included sports programs open to all, fundraisers for police and fire fighter funds, and a space for Alcoholics Anonymous and other community meetings. The church also operates a hunger center for over 30 years which feeds about 130 families a month and more around holidays. Gunning Park (16700 Puritas Ave) was established in 1943. The outdoor portion features tennis courts, a playground, baseball diamond and a large football/soccer field. It also has a huge rec center which features a weight room, sauna, track, basketball court and indoor pool. Friends and family watching a

Section 71: Kamm's - Part 3

This was the second section run of the  Kamm's  neighborhood in West Park. Below is the boundary map: Map:  Run 1 ,  Run 2 Distance This Section:   10.9  miles Distance So Far: 555.8   miles Per Freshwater Cleveland : "Situated on the southwest corner of Rocky River Drive and Lorain Avenue, the Kamm Building has been the staple of the Kamm's Corners neighborhood for more than 100 years. Originally built in 1900 for Oswald Kamm’s lucrative general store, and later used as a post office, it has been home to many businesses—mostly restaurants—during its 120-year life.  In the past few years, the Kamm Building has become vacant and is struggling to find a permanent use. The building is a key component in local history, as Kamm served as a popular town figure and played a role in the development of the Kamm’s Corners neighborhood in West Park." Read more here . This house at 17134 Fernshaw Ave was originally located next to the Kamm Building on Lorain Ave. It was moved in