My name is Phil Kidd. I moved to Cleveland in 2019 and enjoy running recreationally.
I got tired of running the same routes during the pandemic and wanted a big goal to keep me motivated.
So, I decided to try to run every street in Cleveland. From what I could research online, I don't believe anyone had done this before.
My goal with this blog is not to simply just log my miles but take readers with me, exploring the history and images of the streets of Cleveland.
If you follow this blog, we'll be exploring the city together.
You can subscribe to the posts via email and/or contact me here.
- Interview with Rick Jackson of Ideastream's Sound of Ideas (starts at 23:17 mark)
- Research on the Run: How a Cleveland City Planner is Mapping His City (PBS NewsHour)
- The Man Documenting History by Running Every City Street (Bloomberg CityLab)
- Running Toward Cleveland's Future, Learning Its History Step-By-Step (Cleveland News 19)
- New Resident Phil Kidd Wants to Run All of Cleveland's Streets (News 5 Cleveland) *Winner of a Regional Emmy!*
- Meet Phil Kidd, The Man Running Every Street in Cleveland (Cleveland Scene)
- 'Every Street Cleveland' Helps Newcomer Connect with the City (Spectrum)
- Phil Kidd - Every Street Cleveland Presentation (Cleveland PechaKucha)