The boundary for this run was north from Train Ave south to Clark Ave and east from W. 25th to west at W. 44th. This is also the northern portion of La Villa Hispana which is experiencing a recent boom in development.
- St. Mary's Cemetery: Opened in 1855, this historic cemetery holds over 14,600 internments on 7 acres of land. It is now managed by Holy Cross Cemetery.
- Cleveland Fire Station #24: Located on the corner of W. 44th & Clark Ave and built in 1894, this station is referred to by fire fighters as the "Wild Wild West".
- Ceska Sin Sokol Hall: Built in 1890 and acquired by in 1907 the Czech community, this hall served as a powerhouse for gymnastics in northeast Ohio.
- Hildebrandt Building: This 160,000 square foot building began as a family owned meat processing firm back in the late 1800’s and continued through the 1970s. Today it is a hub for local artists and food entrepreneurs who live within city limits. One of its notable tenants is Rising Star Coffee which roasts its beans here.
- Roberto Clemente Park: This park on Seymour Ave. was built in 1945 and was later renamed after the all-time great baseball player and humanitarian from Puerto Rico.
- Caribe Bake Shop: What began as a bake shop in 1969 has grown to become a neighborhood staple for some of the best and most affordable Puerto Rican food in Cleveland. This was my post race meal and it did not disappoint. If you want a suggestion, their Cubanos are legendary. Here's a good review by Cleveland Scene. Bonus point to Caribe for installing two bioswales in the front of their store (complete with educational signage in both English and Spanish).
- La Tienditas del Mercado: This new business and restaurant incubator for Latino-owned business offers intensive coaching and free rent for six months. Another great place for an authentic bite to each in the neighborhood. Here's a good article by Cleveland Magazine.
Distance This Run: 7.3 miles l Total Distance So Far: 162.8 miles
Strava Recording (note: I did go back and run tiny Richner Ave which I initially missed)
|Mural at Clark Ave & W. 25th
|New streetscape amenities (plus enhanced cross walk) on Clark Ave.
|Roberto Clemente Park on Seymour Ave.
|Some of the goods at Caribe Bake Shop on Fulton Ave.
|Bioswale in front of Caribe Bake Shop (with educational signage)
|Fulton & Seymour
|St. Mary's Cemetery, est. 1855
|Station #24, the "Wild Wild West"
|Site prep for new development on Fenwick Ave.
|Random neighborhood park on Fenwick Ave.
|"Keep The Neighborhood Pulse Alive And Strong" (Train Ave)
|Church of Pentecost on Fulton Ave.